At Kelsall Steele we understand that the death of a family member or close personal friend can be a very stressful and difficult time.
It may be necessary for a grant of probate to be obtained, and we are one of a small number of Chartered Accountants who are licensed to carry out probate work. We are able to administer the estate fully and can either deal with the whole administration process on behalf of the executors, or provide assistance as and when necessary to support the Executors or Personal Representatives.
The services we can assist with include:
- Establishing if there is a valid Will in place.
- Notifying the various organisations of the death and collating information to determine the value of assets and liabilities as at the date of death
- Preparation of tax returns to the date of death and during the administration period
- Preparation of any final business accounts
- Obtain valuations of any relevant business interests.
- Preparation of the inheritance tax account, IHT returns and the probate application form
- Preparation and submission of the grant of Probate
- Preparation of the Estate accounts
- Advising on any potential tax reliefs or ways to mitigate tax liabilities
- Assisting with the settlement of any liabilities of the Estate
- Assisting with the distribution of the Estate to the beneficiaries
In many cases we have acted as an individual’s accountant for several years, and have an excellent knowledge and understanding of the individual’s affairs. Logically we are ideally placed to offer all aspects of the probate service, and support throughout the whole probate process including the application for Probate.
In addition we are happy to accept new instructions to provide a complete, reliable and efficient service.
Licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales.
Details of our probate accreditation can be viewed at icaew.com/probate under reference number C001013634.